Moment by Moment: A Devotional Journal for Girls - Jennifer Flanders

"This book is designed to get you thinking. There’s no right or wrong way to complete it. You may use these pages to record thoughts, compose poetry, set goals, write prayers, paste photographs, paint pictures, draw sketches, make lists, tape mementos—or a combination of any or all of the above. My goal in creating this little journal is to inspire you to think deeply about some of life’s biggest questions, such as: Who are you? Why are you here? How can you live with meaning and purpose? And as you think through your answers to these questions, I hope you’ll enjoy using the space provided to write down your thoughts."

*Note from the author via Amazon.com

Since this is a journal rather than a novel, bio or other book I normally review, I can't speak in depth on the actual writing per say, but here are my thoughts all the same.

First off, this journal is so nicely put together! The design is really lovely and definitely encourages the recipient to use it. The covers are done in a very soft, almost rubberized texture in a eye-catching teal-ish blue green color (it even reminded me of Tiffany blue a bit, though not quite the same shade). The illustrations on the cover and all the interior pages feature whimsical and dreamy Victorian inspired illustrations that I'm sure young girls and nostalgia buffs alike will love. At the bottom of each page are also relevant bits of Scripture. Oh! And the page featuring the lyrics to Rogers & Hammerstein's "Favorite Things" -- too cute!

The journaling pages themselves have areas to draw or be otherwise creative, record important life facts & stats, family traditions, "favorites" lists, and places to write down special memories you're likely to want to always remember and look back on over the years. I also liked that some pages featured questions and writing prompts encouraging young ladies to do a little introspection regarding their personal walks of faith, realizations they want to remember or maybe questions they have concerning their relationship with God -- invaluable in helping young ones grow as people!

All in all, a lovely book to gift your favorite creatively minded young lady! I could see this making not only a sweet birthday or holiday gift, but also something nice for a communion or a VBS prize maybe? Some of the pages also gave me the idea that it might be nice for a young mother to fill out a little bit early on (as far as the life stats, family traditions, etc) and then when daughters are a little bit older they can continue on with their life stories on their own, having a book that has part of them and part of their mom. How precious a gift that would be!

Note To Readers: The author, Jennifer Flanders, has also released two more journals in this style -- Bread Of Heaven: A Devotional Journal For Culinary Artists and Be Still My Soul: A Devotional Journal For Boys

FTC Disclaimer: BookCrash.com and Prescott Publishing kindly sent a copy of this book to me in exchange for an honest review. The opinions above are entirely my own.